Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/233631
- On the nonlinear energy transfer in the unidirected adiabatic surface waves
- Chalikov, D.
- The results of numerical simulation of the adiabatic evolution of waves are presented. The model is based on the fully nonlinear 1D equations of potential waves written in conformal coordinates. It is shown that a wave spectrum is subject to strong fluctuations. Most of such fluctuations are reversible, however a residual effect of the fluctuations causes downshifting of the spectrum. The rate of downshifting depends on nonlinearity.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology
- Physics Letters A, Vol. 376, no. 44 (Sep 2012), pp. 2795-2798
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 01 Mathematical Sciences; 02 Physical Sciences
- Adiabatic surface waves; Adiabatic waves; Oceanic waves; Wave breaking; Wave forecasting
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2012 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Peer reviewed