Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/233625
- Closed form spherical omnidirectional image unwrapping
- Chong, N. S.; Wong, M. L. D.; Kho, Y. H.
- This paper proposed a novel method of image unwrapping for spherical omnidirectional images acquired through a nonsingle viewpoint omnidirectional sensor. The proposed method comprises of three key steps, i.e. 1) calibrate the camera to obtain parameters describing the spherical omnidirectional sensor, 2) map world points onto mirror points and, subsequently, onto image points, and 3) set up the projection plane for the final image unwrapping. Depending on the projection plane selected, the algorithm is able to produce either the cylindrical panoramic, the cubloid panoramic, or the ground plane view using closed form mapping equations derived herein. The motivation for developing this technique is to address the complexity in using non-single viewpoint omnidirectional sensor; and ultimately promotes its adoption in robotics.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Sarawak Campus
- Proceedings of the IET Conference on Image Processing (IPR 2012), London, United Kingdom, 03-04 July 2012, Vol. 300
- Publication year
- Image unwrapping; Non-single viewpoint; Spherical omnidirectional sensor
- 9781849196321, 184919632X
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2012 The Institution of Engineering and Technology.
- Peer reviewed