Home List of Titles Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen entanglement and steering in two-well Bose-Einstein-condensate ground states
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/233630
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 1 MB)|
- Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen entanglement and steering in two-well Bose-Einstein-condensate ground states
- He, Q. Y.; Drummond, P. D.; Olsen, M. K.; Reid, M. D.
- We consider how to generate and detect Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen (EPR) entanglement and the steering paradox between groups of atoms in two separated potential wells in a Bose-Einstein condensate. We present experimental criteria for this form of entanglement and propose experimental strategies for detecting entanglement using two- or four-mode ground states. These approaches use spatial and/or internal modes. We also present higher-order criteria that act as signatures to detect the multiparticle entanglement present in this system. We point out the difference between spatial entanglement using separated detectors and other types of entanglement that do not require spatial separation. The four-mode approach with two spatial and two internal modes results in an entanglement signature with spatially separated detectors, conceptually similar to the original EPR paradox.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences. Centre for Atom Optics and Ultrafast Spectroscopy
- Physical Review A: Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics, Vol. 86, no. 2 (Aug 2012), article no. 023626
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 01 Mathematical Sciences; 02 Physical Sciences; 03 Chemical Sciences
- Bose-Einstein condensates; Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen entanglement; EPR; Steering paradox
- American Physical Society
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2012 American Physical Society. The published version is reproduced in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher.
- Additional information
- Supported by the Australian Research Council.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed