Search Swinburne Research Bank
This object has not yet been indexed by the background indexing service.
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/233658
- Effect of zinc substitution on microstructure and antibacterial properties of cobalt ferrite nanopowders synthesized by sol-gel methods
- Sanpo, Noppakun; Wang, James; Berndt, C. C.
- Zinc substituted cobalt ferrite nanopowders with the general formula Co(1-x)ZnxFe2O4(with x = 0, 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, and 1) were prepared via the sol-gel route using citric acid as a chelating agent. The influence of zinc concentration on the microstructure, crystal structure and antibacterial property of zinc substituted cobalt ferrite nanopowders has been systematically investigated. The microstructure and elemental composition were characterized using scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and energy dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDX), respectively. Phase analysis of cobalt ferrite nanopowders was performed using X-ray diffractometry (XRD). The antibacterial properties of zinc substituted cobalt ferrite nanopowders were investigated. The results indicate that the substitution of zinc influences strongly the microstructure, crystal structure and antibacterial property of the cobalt ferrite nanopowders.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences. Industrial Research Institute Swinburne
- Advanced Materials Research: Advanced Engineering Materials II: selected papers from the 2nd International Conference on Advanced Engineering Materials and Technology (AEMT 2012), Zhuhai, China, 06-08 July 2012, Vol. 535-537 (2012), pp. 436-439
- Publication year
- Trans Tech Publications
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2012 Trans Tech Publications (Switzerland).