Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/233899
|Download PDF (Author's version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Issues in workflow and web-based workflow systems
- Liu, Chengfei; Zhou, Xiaofang; Orlowska, Maria E.
- Workflow management systems (WfMSs) have been used for organizational business process re-engineering and automation in various application domains. The use of ubiquitous web as infrastructure of WfMSs widens the applicability of workflow technology to almost every organization. Workflow technology is becoming the core technology for enterprise computing. However, many limitations remain in existing workflow management systems for supporting more demanding applications. In this paper, we address several issues in current workflows management: workflow modeling and verification, transactional support of workflows, and workflow evolution. We also discuss the use of web technology as an infrastructure for supporting WfMSs.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Paper presented at 'World Wide Web: technologies and applications', the 1998 Asia Pacific Web Conference (APWeb98), Beijing, China, 27-30 September 1998
- Publication year
- Transactional support; Verification; Workflow management systems; Workflow modelling; Workflow technologies
- Copyright © 1998. This work is reproduced in good faith. Every reasonable effort has been made to trace the copyright owner. For more information please contact email@example.com
- Full text
- Peer reviewed