Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/233954
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Generating web-based user interfaces for diagramming tools
- Cao, Shuping; Grundy, John; Hosking, John; Stoeckle, Hermann; Tempero, Ewan; Zhu, Nianping
- Thin-client diagramming tools provide a number of advantages over traditional thick-client design tools but are challenging to build. We describe an extension to a thick-client meta-tool that allows any specified diagram editor to be realised as a thin-client tool. A set of server-side components interact with the thick-client tool to generate GIF or SVG diagrams for both display and editing in a conventional web browser. We describe the motivation for our work, our novel architecture, illustrate and discuss interaction issues with the generated diagrams, and describe evaluations of the effectiveness of our approach..
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Conferences in research and practice in information technology: Proceedings of the 6th Australasian User Interface Conference (AUIC 2005), Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia, 30 January-03 February 2005 / Mark Billinghurst and Andy Cockburn (eds.), Vol. 40, pp. 63-72
- Publication year
- Meta-tools; Thin-client diagramming; Web-based design tools.
- Australian Computer Society
- 1445-1336 (series ISSN)
- 9781920682224, 1920682228
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2005, Australian Computer Society, Inc. This paper appeared at the 6th Australasian User Interface Conference (AUIC2005), Newcastle. Conferences in Research and Practice in Information Technology, Vol. 40. M. Billinghurst and A. Cockburn, Eds. Reproduction for academic, not-for profit purposes permitted provided this text is included. The published version is reproduced in accordance with this policy.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed