Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Characterization of tensile properties of fused deposition modeling processed ABS material
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/234088
- Characterization of tensile properties of fused deposition modeling processed ABS material
- Chaudhary, Prabin K.; Masood, S. H.
- This paper presents the tensile properties of ABS parts fabricated by Fused Deposition Modeling rapid prototyping process. The mechanical behavior of FDM processed ABS parts for engineering applications is dictated by the FDM process parameters. This paper characterizes the tensile properties of ABS parts considering process parameters such as air gap, raster width, raster angle and build orientations. The tensile properties of FDM processed ABS parts are compared with that of injection molded ABS parts.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology
- Proceedings of the 70th Annual Technical Conference of the Society of Plastics Engineers (ANTEC 2012), Orlando, Florida, United States, 02-04 April 2012, Vol. 3, pp. 2221-2225
- Publication year
- ABS; Fused deposition modeling; Rapid prototyping; Tensile modulus; Tensile strength
- Society of Plastics Engineers
- 9781622760831, 1622760832
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © (2012) by the Society of Plastics Engineers.
- Peer reviewed