Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Investigation of dynamic mechanical properties of metal-polymer filament for fused deposition modeling
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/234137
- Investigation of dynamic mechanical properties of metal-polymer filament for fused deposition modeling
- Hussain, Syed M.; Masood, S. H.; Nikzad, M.
- This paper presents an investigation of dynamic mechanical behaviour of metal-polymer filaments developed for Fused Deposition Modeling rapid prototyping for rapid tooling and product development. The metal-polymer filaments were made of iron particles dispersed in ABS matrix. Different compositions of iron by volume with different iron particle sizes were used to make FDM feedstock filaments. The aim is to compare the dynamic mechanical properties of pure ABS filament with that of filaments of iron/ABS composites.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology
- Proceedings of the 70th Annual Technical Conference of the Society of Plastics Engineers (ANTEC 2012), Orlando, Florida, United States, 02-04 April 2012, Vol. 3, pp. 2238-2241
- Publication year
- ABS; Dynamic modulus; Fused deposition modeling; Rapid prototyping; Rapid tooling
- Society of Plastics Engineers
- 9781622760831, 1622760832
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © (2012) by the Society of Plastics Engineers.
- Peer reviewed