Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/234454
- From page to screen: how novels and comic books inspire the movies
- Burke, Liam
- Where does a movie begin its journey to the screen? For many films---including blockbusters Twilight and Harry Potter and Junior Film Fleadh highlights The Extraordinary Adventures of Adele Blanc-Sec and Arrietty---this journey begins in another medium. These movies are adaptations: films that are based on a pre-existing source such as novels, plays and comic books. However, as this talk will explore, film adaptations are nothing new; with a variety of sources inspiring cinema's most popular characters, scenarios and fantastic stories.
- Publication type
- Curated exhibition or event
- Youth workshop held as part of the 17th Junior Galway Film Fleadh, Galway, Ireland, 16-19 November 2011
- Publication year
- Adaptation; Comic book movies; Comic books; Film adaptations; Film studies; Graphic novels; Popular culture; Superheroes
- Galway Film Fleadh
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2011.