Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/235015
- On a property of a refusals stream
- Abramov, Vyacheslav M.
- This paper consists of two parts. The first part provides a more elementary proof of the asymptotic theorem of the refusals stream for an M/GI/1/n queueing system discussed in Abramov (1991a). The central property of the refusals stream discussed in the second part of this paper is that, if the expectations of interarrival and service time of an M/GI/1/n queueing system are equal to each other, then the expectation of the number of refusals during a busy period is equal to 1. This property is extended for a wide family of single-server queueing systems with refusals including, for example, queueing systems with bounded waiting time.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Journal of Applied Probability, Vol. 34, no. 3 (Sep 1997), pp. 800-805
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0102 Applied Mathematics; 0104 Statistics
- Asymptotic stability; Busy periods; M/GI/1/n queueing system; Queueing theory; Refusals stream; Renewal process; Theorem proving
- Applied Probability Trust
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © Applied Probability Trust 1997.
- Peer reviewed