Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/235742
- Algorithms for dynamic capacity provisioning
- Andrew, Lachlan L. H.; Lin, Minghong; Wierman, Adam; Liu, Zhenhua
- Data centre power consumption can be reduced by switching off servers during low load. However, excess switching is wasteful. This paper reviews online algorithms for optimizing this tradeoff, including the benefits of shifting load between geographically distant data centres. These algorithms can also adjust a link's number of parallel lightpaths.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies. Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures
- Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Optical Internet (COIN 2012), Yokohama, Japan, 29-31 May 2012, pp. 73-74
- Publication year
- Capacity provisioning; Data cetres; Electricity consumption; Energy usage; Geographical load balancing; Load balancing; Online algorithms; Power consumption; Servers; Workload
- 9781467316545, 1467316547
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2012 IEICE.
- Research Projects
- Peer reviewed