Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/235818
- Walking through mobile use: novel heuristics and their application
- Vetere, Frank; Howard, Steve; Pedell, Sonja; Balbo, Sandrine
- What is mobile use, and how should we evaluate it? We propose and motivate a variant of Heuristic Evaluation, based on the Locales framework, which has been specifically tailored for mobile devices. We report on the application of the 'Mobile Heuristic Walkthrough' approach to an experimental mobile appliance. Though useful, the evaluation results challenge us to be clearer about the nature of the 'mobile problem'. We finish with an initial attempt to define some issues germane to mobile use.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the 2003 Australasian Computer Human Interaction Conference (OzCHI 2003), Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, 26-28 November 2003 / Stephen Viller and Peta Wyeth (eds.), pp. 24-32
- Publication year
- Heuristic evaluation; Mobile devices; Mobile heuristic walkthrough; Mobile technology; Mobile use
- Computer Human Interaction Special Interest Group
- 9781864997385, 1864997389
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2003 Individual Author(s) and CHISIG (Computer Human Interaction Special Interest Group).
- Peer reviewed