Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/236658
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 4 MB)|
- Everyday transcendence: the influence of Frank Fisher
- James, Anthony; Macdonald, Fran; Auty, Kate; Kyle, Louise
- Professor Frank Fisher, Australia's Inaugural Environmental Educator of the Year in 2007, is committed to social transformation to a more sensitive self-aware world. He has worked in the area of environmental education for over 35 years, much of that time as Associate Professor in the School of Geography and Environmental Science at Monash University in Melbourne, and more recently as Professor in the National Centre for Sustainability and the Faculty of Design at Swinburne University of Technology. He uses the insights he has gained to transform his own life which, in addition to striving for sustainable practice, has included learning to live positively with a number of life threatening conditions. This compilation ripples with the respect, love and gratitude felt for Frank. Our intention was to share with Frank a little about how his teachings and example have affected how we live our lives, and to share that publicly. We hope the nature of our appreciation, insights and experience of Frank's rich legacy of sustainability education in this country offers something of value to others.
- Publication type
- Publication year
- Biography; Fisher, Frank; Sustainability
- The Understandascope
- 9780987177254, 0987177257
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © Understandascope 2012. The published version is reproduced with the kind permission of Anthony James.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed