Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/237551
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 2 MB)|
- Class act: Googie Withers and John McCallum
- McFarlane, Brian
- As I talked to the McCallums in May this year, I had to keep reminding myself that they are both in their nineties and that they've been in the business of entertaining us for over seventy years. Anyone who saw them in any of the films or plays in which they co-starred will know how well they played together professionally. As you watch them together now, complementing (and complimenting) each other, you can't help wondering how much of their professional success was a spin-off from a stimulating partnership off-screen or off-stage. It seems timely to pay tribute to them for what they achieved in the performing arts in Australia and elsewhere.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Meanjin, Vol. 68, no. 3 (Spring 2009), pp. 103-110
- Publication year
- Entertainers; Films; McCallum, John; Performing arts; Plays; Withers, Googie
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © Brian McFarlane. The published version is reproduced in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher.
- Full text