Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/237542
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 190 KB)|
- All in the family: three Australian female directors
- McFarlane, Brian
- By any standards, apart perhaps from box-office takings, 2009 was a banner year for Australian films. There were Balibo and Samson and Delilah, Disgrace and Last Ride, but what is really impressive is that three of the most memorable entries in this memorable year were directed by women, in an industry where direction has long been dominated by men.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Meanjin, Vol. 69, no. 3 (Spring 2010), pp. 82-88
- Publication year
- Australian cinema; Australian films; Beautiful Kate; Blessed; Film direction; Film directors; Kokkinos, Ana; My Year Without Sex; Ward, Rachel; Watt, Sarah; Women
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © Brian McFarlane. The published version is reproduced in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher.
- Full text