Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/237777
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Brotherly love and 'Love's Brother'
- McFarlane, Brian
- As the soundtrack swells relentlessly to all-purpose Mediterranean strains, 'Love's Brother' (Jan Sardi, 2004) gives every sign of being not merely set in the 1950s but made then as well. We are back, it is tempting to think, in the world of some big, glutinous Twentieth Century Fox romance for the new CinemaScope screen; the world of, say, 'Three Coins in the Fountain' (Jean Negulesco, 1954). And so, up to a point, we are; though I don't mean by this to write off the film as a throwback dud.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Metro Magazine, no. 140 (2004), pp. 22-25
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 1902 Film, Television and Digital Media; 2001 Communication and Media Studies
- Film review; Italian communities; Italians; Love's Brother
- Australian Teachers of Media
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2004. The published version is reproduced in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed