Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/237723
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- The AFI Awards - and how to win them?
- McFarlane, Brian
- In marked contrast to last year, when 'Somersault' (Cate Shortland, 2004) had a solo starring spot at the AFI awards with virtually no supporting cast to speak of, the 2005 awards are looking more like a real competition. And this reflects the year's releases that have led up to it. In 2004, The Age could run an article called, with ineffable good taste and wit, 'Crappy days are here again', in which the author could rightly say, 'looking at this year's AFI Awards line-up, it's fair to say it's time to start worrying', and query whether it would be better simply to skip a year if the field is too meagre to warrant handing out prizes.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Metro Magazine, no. 146/147 (2005), pp. 8-14
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 1902 Film, Television and Digital Media; 2001 Communication and Media Studies
- AFI Awards; Australian cinema; Australian Film Institute; Australian Film Institute Awards; Australian films; Film awards
- Australian Teachers of Media
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2005. The published version is reproduced in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed