Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/237732
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 702 KB)|
- You could do worse: 'You and Your Stupid Mate'
- McFarlane, Brian
- What, I asked myself - and him - could the editor of this journal have in mind by sending me off to see this latest Australian comedy when he knows how sensitive I am? Hadn't I suffered enough in this cause in recent times? Too often, at least since 'The Castle' (Rob Sitch, 1997), the very term 'Australian comedy' has denoted a wit-free zone, and certainly 'You and Your Stupid Mate' won't do much to disturb this image. But: (a) it's not as bad as some others I could name, and, indeed, will name, and (b) it's not as bad as those newspaper reviews might have led you to believe.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Metro Magazine, no. 145 (2005), pp. 42-45
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 1902 Film, Television and Digital Media; 2001 Communication and Media Studies
- Australian cinema; Australian comedy; Australian films; Comedy films; Film review; You and Your Stupid Mate
- Australian Teachers of Media
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2005. The published version is reproduced in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed