Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/237792
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Australian comedy: what's that?
- McFarlane, Brian
- As filmgoers, do you sometimes wonder if the phrase 'Australian comedy' is an oxymoron? Certainly, as I watched in a concentrated burst over a couple of weeks a half-dozen films from the last five years, it did quite often seem to me that the phrase was yoking together two concepts with little common ground. Then, very recently I caught up with the telemovie, Stiff (John Clarke, 2004), and my spirits rose again. But we'll come back to that.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Metro Magazine, no. 142 (2005), pp. 34-37
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 1902 Film, Television and Digital Media; 2001 Communication and Media Studies
- Australian cinema; Australian comedy; Australian film; Comedy films; Film genres; Humour
- Australian Teachers of Media
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2005. The published version is reproduced in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed