Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/238989
- Accessibility indicators for transport planning
- Morris, J. M.; Dumble, R. L.; Wigan, M. R.
- Both perceptual and measurable specifications of accessibility are reviewed and their relevance to transport planning established. The wide variety of analytical forms which can be used to quantify different aspects of accessibility are categorised and grouped by conceptual basis. The different forms of accessibility index are then related to underlying theories which link consumer demand, evaluation and accessibility.
- Publication type
- Book chapter
- Urban form and transport accessibility / Corinne Mulley (ed.), Chapter 30, pp. 565-583
- Publication year
- Transport accessibility; Transport planning
- Edward Elgar
- Publisher URL
- Book compilation copyright © 2012 Corinne Mulley. This chapter copyright © Pergamon Press Ltd., 1979.
- Additional information
- This is a reprint of an article published in a 1979 issue of Transportation Research Part A and still regularly cited. The original article is available at http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0191-2607(79)90012-8. It is republished in this work of seminal papers on the long history of research on urban form and transport accessibility.
- Peer reviewed