Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/239723
- Market competition and auditor independence
- Houghton, Keith; Jubb, Christine
- In the past two years, Australia and other jurisdictions have again witnessed a series of unsignalled corporate collapses. As with previous generations of corporate collapse several have been associated with questionable accounting policies and concerns with auditing quality. With the decomposition of the former global auditing firm once known as Arthur Andersen, the implications for the accounting profession are seen as more serious than ever before.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Agenda, Vol. 10, no. 3 (2003), pp. 213-228
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 1402 Applied Economics; 1502 Banking, Finance and Investment; 1605 Policy and Administration
- Accounting profession; Auditing quality; Auditors; Corporate collapse; Corporate failure; Market competition
- ANE ePress
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2003.
- Peer reviewed