Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles The Australian Auditing and Assurance Standards Board after the implementation of CLERP 9
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/239628
- The Australian Auditing and Assurance Standards Board after the implementation of CLERP 9
- Jubb, Christine; Houghton, Keith
- This paper traces the establishment of the reconstituted Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (AUASB) as a result of the CLERP (Audit Reform and Corporate Disclosure) Act 2004, and its progress in developing auditing standards that are 'in the public interest'. The paper canvasses the composition of the AUASB, its transparency and due process, its relationship with the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board and the Financial Reporting Council, and its resourcing and attitude to researching issues of importance in auditing. The paper discusses methods that might be used to provide evidence of the efficacy of the reforms to auditing standard-setting.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Australian Accounting Review, Vol. 17, no. 42 (Jul 2007), pp. 18-27
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 1501 Accounting, Auditing and Accountability
- Audit reform; Auditing standards; Australian Auditing and Assurance Standards Board
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2007 CPA Australia.
- Peer reviewed