Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Marketing theory and practice on-line: a development towards international collaboration
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/239668
- Marketing theory and practice on-line: a development towards international collaboration
- Farrelly, Francis; Joy, Sally; Luxton, Sandra
- The authors detail the development of an on-line course, 'Marketing Theory and Practice On-line' (MTPO) as part of the charter-mandated commitment of Monash University of Australia to deliver quality flexible education transnationally. The course, that is now offered to both on-campus and distance education students, uses a full range of media and computer technologies, including the Internet, e-mail, bulletin boards, on-line library facilities, video animations, and hypertext. The guiding principles for the development of the course were that the methodology must enrich the learning experience; the communication shell must enrich a scholarly environment; and the subject development should encourage and facilitate new opportunities. The ultimate aim is to utilize MTPO as the basis for international collaboration and to use the collaboration in question to develop a stronger intellectual package with specialist marketing subjects at both the undergraduate and the postgraduate levels.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Higher Education in Europe, Vol. 24, no. 2 (Jan 1999), pp. 287-294
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 1301 Education Systems
- Distance education; Marketing education; Online education
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 1999 UNESCO.
- Peer reviewed