Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/239845
- Does brand matter for AFL umpires?
- Gill, Robert
- The Australian Football League (AFL) is the biggest sporting business in Australia and has the largest viewing audience per capita of any sport in the world. AFL umpires are a very visible presence on match day, and therefore contribute to the AFL brand. The AFL Corporation needs to pay attention to the contribution AFL Umpires make to the AFL Brand. This paper investigates through a survey how the football public perceives AFL umpires in order to see whether they may have an effect the AFL's brand. An online survey was distributed to the general AFL football public. The survey was quantitative-based, but included an opportunity for participants to add further comment. Results have indicated that the football public has an overall positive opinion of AFL umpires.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology
- International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Vol. 2, no. 5 (May 2012), pp. 1-8
- Publication year
- AFL; AFL umpires; Australian Football League; Brand; Football umpires; Public perceptions; Reputation
- Human Resource Management Academic Research Society
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2012.
- Peer reviewed