Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Sliding mode observer for state of charge estimation based on battery equivalent circuit in electric vehicles
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/240047
- Sliding mode observer for state of charge estimation based on battery equivalent circuit in electric vehicles
- Chen, X.; Shen, W. X.; Cao, Z.; Kapoor, A.
- The sliding mode observer (SMO) for battery state of charge (SOC) estimation based on the improved battery equivalent circuit is presented. The convergence of the SMO is proved by Lyapunov stability theory. The advantage of the SMO is that the modelling errors caused by the variation parameters of circuit model can be compensated. Three sets of the testing data under different discharge current profiles generated by DUALFOIL battery simulation program are used to extract the circuit model parameters and to verify the effectiveness of the proposed SMO for the SOC estimation. It shows that the proposed SOC observer can provide robust tracking performance and accurate SOC estimation in electric vehicle driving conditions
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences
- Australian Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Vol. 9, no. 3 (2012), pp. 225-234
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0906 Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Battery equivalent circuit model; Battery management system; Electric vehicles; Lithium-ion battery; Sliding mode observer; State of charge
- Engineers Australia
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © Institution of Engineers Australia 2012.
- Additional information
- The authors acknowledge support from the Commonwealth of Australia, through the Cooperative Research Centre for Advanced Automotive Technology (AutoCRC), under the Electric Vehicle Control Systems and Power Management (C2-801) project.
- Peer reviewed