Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Metamorphic testing: applications and integration with other methods: tutorial synopsis
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/240035
- Metamorphic testing: applications and integration with other methods: tutorial synopsis
- Chen, Tsong Yueh; Kuo, Fei-Ching; Towey, Dave; Zhou, Zhi Quan
- In software testing, an oracle refers to a mechanism against which testers can decide whether or not outcomes of test case executions are correct. The oracle problem refers to situations when either an oracle is not available, or it is too expensive to apply. Metamorphic testing has emerged as an effective and efficient approach to alleviating the oracle problem. This article introduces the basic concepts and procedures of metamorphic testing, and gives examples to show its applications, and integration with other methods.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies
- Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Quality Software (QSIC 2012), Xi'an, China, 27-29 August 2012, pp. 285-288
- Publication year
- Metamorphic testing; Oracle problem; Software testing
- 1550-6002 (series ISSN)
- 9781467328579, 146732857X
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2012 IEEE.
- Additional information
- The authors acknowledge support from the Australian Research Council.
- Peer reviewed