Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles ASEAN country of strategic choice for Australia's business platform into the Region
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/3122
- ASEAN country of strategic choice for Australia's business platform into the Region
- Muthaly, Siva
- ASEAN’s $300 billion consumer market provides great potential for Australian Businesses. There are various entry modes that businesses need to evaluate prior to embarking into the ASEAN. The rationale for international market entry from previous studies seems to highlight issues about global trends, gain access to untapped markets, etc. (Agarwal and Ramaswami, 1992; Buckley and Ghauri, 1998; Carof, 1993 and Cavusgil, 1994). This paper will provide some background information about the ASEAN, discuss the relevant literature, carry out analysis from secondary data on Australia and the ASEAN, highlight issues about Australia’s involvement in the area and finally provide appropriate strategies for the Australian Businesses.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Business and Enterprise
- Asia examined: Proceedings of the 15th Biennial Asia Studies Association of Australia (ASAA) Conference, 29 June-02 July 2004, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia / Robert Cribb (ed.)
- Publication year
- ASEAN; Australia; Business; Consumer markets
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2004 Siva Muthaly.
- Peer reviewed