Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Capacity provisioning in DiffServ/MPLS networks based on correlated traffic inputs
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/3262
- Capacity provisioning in DiffServ/MPLS networks based on correlated traffic inputs
- Atov, Irene; Harris, R.
- In this paper, we propose a dimensioning model that takes account of the new technologies that can provide QoS (i.e., DiffServ/MPLS) and allows for multiple delay constraints so that guaranteed performance can be achieved for each of the traffic classes. The proposed model incorporates procedures that allow correlations and burstiness of IP traffic to be effectively modelled. The accuracy of the model has been investigated by means of a simulation study over a range of test cases. The results demonstrate the capability of the model in guaranteeing the end-to-end delay requirements for the traffic classes.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies
- Proceedings of the 23rd IEEE International Performance, Computing, and Communications Conference (IPCCC'04), Phoenix, Arizona, United States, 15-17 April 2004, pp. 187-195
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 010303 Optimisation; 100503 Computer Communications Networks
- Publisher URL