Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Knowledge management governance: a multifaceted approach to organizational decision and innovation support
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/3287
- Knowledge management governance: a multifaceted approach to organizational decision and innovation support
- Burstein, F.; McKay, J.; Zyngier, S.
- Knowledge management is a strategy to support enhanced decision making through effective control of organizational knowledge. This paper presents a preliminary investigation into the governance of strategies to manage knowledge and the relationship between such strategies and organizational structures. It finds that the federated information transfer model is the ‘best fit’ with a stakeholder model of governance which ensures accountability and responsibility for tasks meeting the needs of all organizational stakeholders. Further, the governance structure established may predicate the ability of the organization to effectively establish a strategy to manage their knowledge.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies
- Proceedings of the IFIP Conference on Decision Support Systems (DSS '2004), July 2004, Prato, Italy
- Publication year
- Publisher URL
- Suzanne Zyngier, Judy McKay, Frada Burstein © 2004.