Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/3704
- Web service based architecture for workflow management systems
- Zhao, Xiaohui; Liu, Chengfei; Yang, Yun
- With limitations in nature, current workflow management systems are insufficient to meet the arising requirements from the evolving e-Business applications such as global running, process m igration, interorganisational cooperation etc. For this reason, this paper proposes a new architecture for workflow management systems, with an emphasis on supporting interorganisational interoperability, flexibility, reliability and scalability, based o n the Web service technology. With provision of a novel agreement management service and an enhanced definition template library, this architecture offers full support to business process collaborations among participating organisations, including both the horizontal and vertical partitioning schemes.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. School of Information Technology
- Lecture notes in computer science: proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications (DEXA 2004), Zaragoza, Spain, 30 August-03 September 2004 / F. Galindo, M. Takizawa and R. Traunmuller (eds.), Vol. 3180, pp. 34-43
- Publication year
- Springer-Verlag Berlin
- 9783540229360, 3540229361
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2004 Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg.
- Peer reviewed