Add to My Folder
Permanent link: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/4026
- Cold gas and star formation in a merging galaxy sequence
Georgakakis, Antonis E.;
Forbes, Duncan A.;
Norris, Ray P.
- The evolution of the cold gas and the star-formation activity during galaxy interactions is explored using a merging galaxy sequence comprising both pre- and post-merger candidates. The evolutionary properties of the interacting systems in the present sample are compared with those of isolated spirals and evolved ellipticals to explore their consistency with the `merger hypothesis' for the formation of elliptical galaxies.
- Publication Type
- Conference paper
- Research Centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Centre for Astrophysics and Supercomputing
- Astronomical Society of the Pacific conference series: Gas and galaxy evolution: a conference in honor of the 20th anniversary of the VLA, Socorro, New Mexico, United States, 21-24 May 2000 / John E. Hibbard, Michael Rupen and Jacqueline H. van Gorkom (eds.), Vol. 240, pp. 155-159
- Publication Year
- Astronomical Society of the Pacific
- Publisher URL