Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/407
- The HIPASS Catalogue I: data presentation
- Meyer, Martin J.; Zwaan, Martin A.; Webster, Rachel L.; Staveley-Smith, Lister; Ryan-Weber, E.; Drinkwater, Michael J.; Barnes, David G.; Howlett, Matt; Kilborn, Virginia A.; Stevens, J.; Waugh, Meryl; Pierce, Michael J.; Bhathal, Raghir; de Blok, W. J.; Disney, Michael J.; Ekers, Ron D.; Freeman, Ken C.; Garcia, Diego A.; Gibson, Brad K.; Harnett, J.; Henning, Patricia A.; Jerjen, Helmut; Kesteven, Michael J.; Knezek, Patricia M.; Koribalski, Baerbel S.; Mader, Stacy; Marquarding, Malte; Minchin, Robert F.; O'Brien, Jess C.; Oosterloo, Tom; Price, R. M.; Putman, Mary E.; Ryder, Stuart D.; Sadler, Elaine M.; Stewart, Ian M.; Stootman, Frank; Wright, Alan E.
- The HI Parkes All-Sky Survey (HIPASS) Catalogue forms the largest uniform catalogue of HI sources compiled to date, with 4,315 sources identified purely by their HI content. The catalogue data comprise the southern region declination <+2 deg of HIPASS, the first blind HI survey to cover the entire southern sky. RMS noise for this survey is 13 mJy/beam and the velocity range is -1,280 to 12,700 km/s. Data search, verification and parametrization methods are discussed along with a description of measured quantities. Full catalogue data are made available to the astronomical community including positions, velocities, velocity widths, integrated fluxes and peak flux densities. Also available are on-sky moment maps, position-velocity moment maps and spectra of catalogue sources. A number of local large-scale features are observed in the space distribution of sources including the Super-Galactic plane and the Local Void. Notably, large-scale structure is seen at low Galactic latitudes, a region normally obscured at optical wavelengths.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. School of Biophysical Sciences and Electrical Engineering. Centre for Astrophysics and Supercomputing
- Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, Vol. 350, no. 4 (Jun 2004), pp. 1195-1209
- Publication year
- Blackwell Publishers
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2004 RAS.
- Peer reviewed