Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Application of fused deposition modelling in tissue engineering of tri-leaflet heart valves
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/4165
- Application of fused deposition modelling in tissue engineering of tri-leaflet heart valves
- Masood, S. H.; Morsi, Y.
- This paper presents a novel methodology for application of Fused Deposition Modelling rapid prototyping technology in the fabrication of scaffolds for tissue engineering of tri-leaflet heart valves. Traditional techniques for scaffolds fabrication have several drawbacks such as long fabrication time, labour intensive process, poor repeatability and insufficient interconnectivity of pores. The paper examines the high potential of FDM technology in biomedical engineering application, and presents the preliminary results of scaffolds fabrication and numerical simulation in the development of a fully functional heart valve for treatment of cardiovascular problems.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Industrial Research Institute Swinburne
- Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Modelling and Simulation, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 11-13 November 2002 / Aladin Zayegh (ed.), pp. 423-427
- Publication year
- Biomedical applications; CFD; Fused deposition modelling; Scaffolds; Tissue engineering
- Victoria University
- Copyright © 2002 Victoria University, Australia 2002.
- Peer reviewed