Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Fabrication of 3-D high aspect ratio micro-fluidic components using laser machining and LIGA
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/4325
- Fabrication of 3-D high aspect ratio micro-fluidic components using laser machining and LIGA
- Barber, Richard C.; Ghantasala, Muralidhar K.; Harvey, Erol C.; Mancini, Derrick C.; Moldovan, Nicolai
- This paper mainly reviews the current status of the LIGA fabrication technology for use in microfluidics applications. It also presents the work that the group is involved in the fabrication of 3-D high aspect ratio structures. This work explored the possibility of using LIGA and excimer laser micromachining as complimentary processes in two sequential steps for making some of the components required for fluidic applications. A microflask is designed and fabricated using this combination of processing technology. The details of the design and fabrication technology are presented in this paper.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Industrial Research Institute Swinburne
- Smart Materials, Structures, and Systems: Symposium on Micromachining and Microfabrication, Bangalore, India, 12-14 December 2003., Proceedings of SPIE (v. 5062), pp 342-346.
- Publication year
- SPIE - International Society for Optical Engineering
- pp 342-346
- 0 8194 48680
- Publisher URL
- © 2003 SPIE The International Society for Optical Engineering.
- Peer reviewed