Add to My Folder
Permanent link: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/5139
- Narrative identity as a central theme in an ethics of librarianship
- The theory of narrative identity presented by Paul Ricoeur is suggested as a basis for understanding the notion of person. The action of reading is considered as an analogy to understand not only how we make an account of an individual or corporate life, but also how we as persons live inside an identity as an ongoing consciousness. Some implications for an ethics of librarianship are explored.
- Publication Type
- Journal article
- Research Centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Swinburne Graduate School of Management
- Australian Library Journal, Vol. 50, no. 2 (2001), pp. 121-131
- Publication Year
Reader text relationship;
- Australian Library and Information Association
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2001 Bonna Jones.
- Peer Reviewed