Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Three-dimensional localisation of fluorescence resonance energy transfer in living cells under two-photon excitation
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/5170
- Three-dimensional localisation of fluorescence resonance energy transfer in living cells under two-photon excitation
- Xu, Ming G; Crimeen, Blessing; Ludford-Menting, Mandy J.; Gan, Xiaosong; Russell, Sarah M.; Gu, Min
- Three-dimensional (3-D) imaging of fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET) in human cells under two-photon excitation was demonstrated in this study. A sample was prepared by expressing a donor and an acceptor in living cells and using an antibody to secure the proximity of contact between the donor and the acceptor. The quenching of fluorescence emission of a donor in the double-labelled cells indicates the presence of FRET that occurred in these living cells. Because of the quadratic relation of the excitation power, 3-D localisation of FRET becomes possible.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. School of Biophysical Science
- Scanning, Vol. 23, no. 1 (2001), p. 9-13
- Publication year
- 3-D microscopy; Fluorescence resonance energy transfer; Micro-spectroscopy; Two-photon microscopy
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2001 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
- Peer reviewed