Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Empowering entrepreneurship through foresight and innovation : developing a theoretical framework for empowerment in enterprise programs
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/5684
- Empowering entrepreneurship through foresight and innovation : developing a theoretical framework for empowerment in enterprise programs
- O'Connor, Allan; Ramos, Jose M.
- This study explores how education and development in the skills and knowledge of foresight, innovation and enterprise (FI and E) relate to the empowerment of young individuals with respect to creating a new venture. In 2003, three groups of young persons aged between 13 and 18 years participated in a program designed for empowerment. An evaluation was conducted nine months later that provided useful insight into the impact of the education design, content and delivery. This research provides deeper insight into the way FI and E education can be used to create empowerment through the derivation of a framework that addresses entry, process and agency factors.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Business and Enterprise. Australian Graduate School of Entrepreneurship
- Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship, Vol. 11, no. 3 (2006), p. 207-231
- Publication year
- Entrepreneurship; Innovation adoption; Impact; Self-efficacy; Program design; Education; Empowerment; Foresight; Innovation; Enterprise; Youth program; Youth Intervention Program
- World Scientific
- Publisher URL
- Copyright of Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship is the property of World Scientific Publishing Company and its content may not be copied or emailed to multiple sites or posted to a listserv without the copyright holder's express written permission. However, users may print, download, or email articles for individual use.
- Peer reviewed