Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/5706
- Victorian Professional and Technical Services Industry Survey: stage 2
- Coronel, Paul; Rees, Murray C.
- The Professional and Technical Services (P&TS) industry includes the accounting, legal services, architecture and design, engineering, surveying, recruitment and management consulting services sectors. It is an integral part of the services sector, making up approximately 5% of Victoria’s GSP and comprising a highly skilled workforce. This study is one of the first to provide information on the P&TS sectors in Victoria and is part of a two stage process. In Stage 1, an electronic survey was designed by the Victorian Government’s P&TS Benchmarking and Best Practice Working Group to elicit information on best practice, export and ICT uptake. Over 667 professional firms responded to the survey, and the statistical information collected was published in Victorian Professional & Technical Services Industry Survey available on the Victorian Government’s business website (http://www.business.vic.gov.au/pts). As part of the Stage 1 survey, participants were asked to nominate what they believed were the most important qualitative aspects and quantitative measures of professional service firm performance; also to nominate firms in their sector that they believed embodied leading/best practice and why. Stage 2 was undertaken from July 2004, and involved in-depth interviews of a total of 33 professional service firms in Victoria. The firms that were interviewed were selected on the following bases: the frequency with which they were nominated in the Stage 1 survey; nominations by partners of other professional service firms in their sector; and nominations from industry associations. On this basis 52 firms were approached to participate in Stage 2, and 33 were eventually interviewed.
- Publication type
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Business and Enterprise
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 150308 International Business; 150503 Marketing Management (incl. Strategy and Customer Relations); 159999 Commerce, Management, Tourism and Services not elsewhere classified
- Accounting; Architecture; Australia; Best practice; Consulting services; Design; Engineering; Legal services; Management; Professional and Technical Services industry; Professional services; P&TS industry; Recruitment; State government; Surveying; Surveys; Victoria
- Victorian Department of Innovation, Industry and Regional Development
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © DIIRD 2007.