Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Fabrication of support structures to prevent SU-8 stiction in high aspect ratio structures
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/5774
- Fabrication of support structures to prevent SU-8 stiction in high aspect ratio structures
- Vora, Kaushal D.; Peele, Andrew G.; Shew, B. Y.; Harvey, Erol C.; Hayes, Jason P.
- We have previously demonstrated that it is possible to fabricate densely-packed high aspect ratio structures in SU-8 by means of a top-plate support member which stiffens the overall structure and prevents pattern collapse. In this work we have computed the tensile stresses induced in the top-plate structures due to the capillary forces that arise between the columns due to the surface tension of the drying liquid. We have further studied the dynamic behavior of the structure after an instantaneous force. Based on these results, we have shown that the predicted optimal thickness of the top-plate structure is sufficient to maintain structural integrity.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences
- Microsystem Technologies, Vol. 13, no. 5-6 (2007), p. 487-493
- Publication year
- Deep X-ray lithography; Densely packed high aspect ratio structures; Stiction
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © Springer-Verlag 2007.
- Peer reviewed