Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Investigation of expansion characteristics of coronary slot stents using finite element analysis
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/5802
- Investigation of expansion characteristics of coronary slot stents using finite element analysis
- Wang, Xuanzhi; Masood, Syed H.
- Coronary stents are metallic tubes inserted in coronary arteries to treat cardiovascular diseases. The Palmaz-Schatz®, Stent is the most representative member of the family of slot stents. In this paper, the impact of the geometry of the stent on its expansion behaviours was investigated using the ANSYS 9.0 finite element analysis (FEA) software. Several design cases, with the presence of a certain stenosed coronary artery, were selected for our research investigation. Results of the analysis, including expansion and radial displacement, radial recoil percentage, foreshortening percentage and von Mises stress distribution of various stents have been compared and discussed. This revealed significant potential relationships between the geometry of the stent and its expansion behaviours.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences. Industrial Research Institute Swinburne
- IFIP International Federation for Information Processing Series : Knowledge Enterprise : Intelligent Strategies in Product Design, Manufacturing, and Management : Proceedings PROLOMAT 2006 : IFIP TC5 International Conference, Shanghai, China, 15-17 June 2006, Vol. 207, p. 735-742
- Publication year
- Angioplasty; Expansion characteristics; Finite element analysis; Simulation stent
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2006 International Federation for Information Processing.
- Peer reviewed