Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/5809
- F@ : a framework of group awareness in synchronous distributed groupware
- Tran, Minh H.; Yang, Yun; Raikundalia, Gitesh K.
- This paper describes F@ (read as 'fat'), our innovative framework of group awareness, which aims to extend our understanding of group awareness and help designers develop awareness mechanisms. First, the abstract level of F@ identifies four awareness schools, including conversational awareness, workspace awareness, contextual awareness and self-awareness. Then, the concrete level of F@ presents some fundamental time-related properties of these four awareness schools using temporal logic expressions. The paper also illustrates examples of how F@ can be applied to the design of awareness mechanisms.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science : Proceedings APWeb 2006 : Frontiers of WWW Research and Development : 8th Asia-Pacific Web Conference, Harbin, China, 16-18 January 2006, Vol. 3841, p. 461-473
- Publication year
- Temporal logic; Computer science; Theory; Methods
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2006.
- Peer reviewed