Search Swinburne Research Bank
This object has not yet been indexed by the background indexing service.
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/5863
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Adaptive negotiation with on-line prediction of opponent behaviour in agent-based negotiations
- Brzostowski, Jakub; Kowalczyk, Ryszard
- We propose an adaptive approach in agent-based negotiation involving on-line prediction of the opponent behaviour based on the parametric non-linear regression analysis. The predictive decision-making mechanism for the negotiation agent is based on the history of offers in the current negotiation encounter. In comparison to the related work the proposed approach allows the negotiation agents to predict more complex behaviour of the negotiation opponent in terms of mixture of its time-dependant and behaviour-dependant tactics. We perform experiments in order to validate the proposed approach. The results show that the predictive decision-making gives better results in terms of the utility gains for the adaptive negotiation agent as compared with a range of non-predictive negotiation strategies.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies
- Proceedings of the IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Intelligent Agent Technology (IAT 06), Hong Kong, China, 18-22 December 2006, pp. 263-269
- Publication year
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2006 IEEE. Published version of the paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from the IEEE.