Search Swinburne Research Bank
This object has not yet been indexed by the background indexing service.
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/19977
- Parametric model-based motion segmentation using surface selection criterion
- Gheissari, Niloofar; Bab-Hadiashar, Alireza; Suter, David
- This paper presents a new framework for the motion segmentation task, which includes an algorithm capable of addressing the important issue of the inter-relationships between data segmentation, model selection, and noise scale estimation. In this algorithm, we have incorporated our newly proposed model selection criterion named Surface Selection Criterion. The presented algorithm simultaneously selects the correct motion model, while finding the scale of the noise and performing the segmentation task. As a result, the estimated motion parameters and the final segmentation results are accurate. The algorithm is tested for motion segmentation of synthetic and real video data containing multiple objects undergoing different types of motion. Our results also show that the proposed algorithm is capable of detecting occlusion and degeneracy.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences
- Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Vol. 102, no. 2 (2006), p. 214-226
- Publication year
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2006 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.