Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Managerial competence within the hospitality and tourism service industries : global cultural contextual analysis
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/20921
- Managerial competence within the hospitality and tourism service industries : global cultural contextual analysis
- Saee, John
- This timely book examines cross-cultural managerial communication competence and its application within the service industry. Focusing particularly on the hospitality and tourism industry, John Saee examines the cross-cultural implications of competence across all managerial functions: planning, workplace communication, recruitment/promotion, induction, training, supervision, industrial relations, management of change, customer service, financial management and marketing. This is the first detailed study - at a national level - of current psychological and sociological theories of intercultural communication, linked to an investigation of the management of cultural diversity in the workplace within a multicultural society, a study which has global implications. This cutting-edge research advances new modalities of best practice on managerial competence which can be equally applied to all other industries around the world confronted with cultural diversity in the workplace. [Book jacket].
- Publication type
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Business and Enterprise
- Routledge advances in management and business studies, No. 31
- Publication year
- Hospitality industry; Tourism; Management
- Copyright © 2006 John Saee.
- Peer reviewed