Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/22042
|Download Transcript from the ABC radio play A Doubtful Character (PDF) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 17 KB)|
- A doubtful character: Wolf Klaphake
- Neumann, Klaus
- Scientist and inventor Wolf Klaphake (1900-67) emigrated from Germany in 1935. This website traces the story of his four-year detention in Australian internment camps during World War II.
- Publication type
- Creative work
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Life and Social Sciences. Institute for Social Research
- Publication year
- 20th century history; Australia; Biography; Germans; History; Immigrants; Internment camps; Inventors; Klaphake, Wolf, 1900-1967; Migrant history; Scientists; Twentieth century history; World War II (1939-1945)
- National Archives of Australia
- Publisher URL
- Website text and sound transcripts copyright © 2003 Klaus Neumann.
- Additional information
- 'A doubtful character' is the first instalment in the series 'Uncommon Lives', which features the biographies of famous and not-so-famous Australians. Drawing extensively on documents and images from the Archives' collection, the website retraces the life of the inventor Wolf Klaphake.
- Full text