Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/25042
- War driving and WLAN security issues : attacks, security design and remedies
- Issac, Biju; Mohammed, Lawan A.
- Mobile computing is evolving at a rapid pace with 802.11 networks; the fuzzy boundaries make it easy for intruders to intercept the radio signals. War driving was performed along highways; the resulting packet analysis is explained to show how easy some security attacks can be. An elaboration is done on a host of wireless security attacks that leads to the discussion of secure wireless network design, along with some network security simulation. The paper concludes with a list of security recommendations.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Sarawak Campus
- Information Systems Management, Vol. 24, no. 4 (2007), p. 289-298
- Publication year
- Network design; Packet capture; Security threats; War driving
- Publisher URL
- Peer reviewed