Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/25285
- Spam detection proposal in regular and text-based image emails
- Issac, Biju; Raman, Valliappan
- Spam emails are invading users without their consent and filling their mail boxes with email trash. Priceless effort and time of the users and organizations are wasted in handling them. To circumvent anti-spam solutions, many spammers are sending spam email with image-only content. In this paper we propose a spam detection approach in emails with text and image contents. In the first part, a novel framework for extracting intelligent information from emails with image content is presented and a prototype implementation is shown. In the second part, a proposal for multi-layered spam detection algorithm is presented, which enhances existing approaches.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Sarawak Campus. Information Security Research (iSECURES) Laboratory
- Proceedings IEEE Region 10 Annual International Conference (TENCON 2006), Hong Kong, China, 14-17 November 2006, p. 699(1)-699(4)
- Publication year
- Feature extraction; Image processing; Unsolicited e-mail; Email trash; Intelligent information extraction; Multilayered spam detection algorithm; Text-based image content
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2006 IEEE.
- Peer reviewed