Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/25286
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Does a WSN MAC based on uniform access without re-attempts have merits?
- Shu, Feng; Sakurai, Taka; Vu, Hai Le; Zukerman, Moshe
- We consider a simplified medium access control scheme, select-and-transmit (S&T), for wireless sensor networks, in which the sensor nodes choose transmission slots uniformly without re-attempts. Numerical results show that the S&T MAC can perform better than the IEEE 802.15.4 standard in event-driven sensor networks scenarios, where only a small proportion of packets need to be collected.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies. Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures
- [Proceedings] IEEE Region 10 Annual International Conference (TENCON 2006), Hong Kong, China, 14-17 November 2006
- Publication year
- Access protocols; Wireless sensor networks; S&T MAC; Medium access control scheme; Select-and-transmit Wireless sensor networks
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2006 IEEE. Paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from the IEEE.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed