Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/25326
- A scalable algorithm for adjusting node-node overlaps
- Huang, Xiaodi; Sajeev, A. S. M.; Lai, Wei
- The node-node overlaps, which occur in drawing of labeled graphs, and more importantly, in the dynamic drawing, have been a problem in graph visualization. Several approaches have recently been proposed to solve such a problem. These approaches, however, lack the scalabilities of dealing with large number of overlapping nodes. Providing a formal description of the problem, this paper presents a scalable version of our previous approach called the Force-Transfer algorithm. Compared to other methods, our new algorithm is able to achieve the compact adjusted layout of a large graph.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies
- Proceedings International Conference on Computer Graphics, Imaging and Visualisation (CGIV 06) : Techniques and Applications, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, 26-28 July 2006, Vol. 2006, p. 43-48
- Publication year
- Force transfer; Graph layout; Layout adjustment; Overlapping nodes
- IEEE Computer Society
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2006 IEEE.
- Peer reviewed