Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Analyzing and extending MUMCUT for fault-based testing of general boolean expressions
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/25416
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 115 KB)|
- Analyzing and extending MUMCUT for fault-based testing of general boolean expressions
- Sun, Chang Ai; Dong, Yunwei; Lai, Richard; Sim, Kwan Yong; Chen, T. Y.
- Boolean expressions are widely used to model decisions or conditions of a specification or source program. The MUMCUT, which is designed to detect seven common faults where Boolean expressions under test are assumed to be in Irredundant Disjunctive Normal Form (IDNF), is an efficient fault-based test case selection strategy in terms of the fault-detection capacity and the size of selected test suite. Folio-wing up our previous work that reported the fault-detection capacity of the MUMCUT when it is applied to general form Boolean expressions, in this paper we present the characteristic of the types of single faults committed in general Boolean expressions that a MUMCUT test suite fails to detect, analyze the certainty why a MUMCUT test suite fails to detect these types of undetected faults, and provide some extensions to enhance the detection capacity of the MUMCUT for these types of undetected faults. Abstract not available.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Sarawak Campus. School of Engineering
- Proceedings Sixth IEEE International Conference on Computer and Information Technology, CIT 2006, Seoul, South Korea, 20-22 September 2006, p. 184
- Publication year
- IEEE Computer Society
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2006 IEEE. Published version of the paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from the IEEE.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed